The PEI Government draws Work Permit clients from the EOI pool each month, and most applicants are selected the same month they apply. In the draw of September 15, 2022, Entrepreneur candidates with scores of 85 and above were invited to apply. This low score makes PEIPNP a very attractive and viable option for many clients. Please click here to see the schedule of 2022 draw dates.
IMPORTANT: The PEI Government now requires independent Third Party Net Worth Verification for clients, beginning with files selected in the Aug/22 draw. The net worth verifier will review the personal net worth and funds accumulation claims made by the client, verify them against the client’s financial documents, and create a report to be submitted to the government. Confederation will coordinate this process for each client, and the cost to the client is estimated at approx. $4,000.
The PEIPNP is one of the fastest Work Permit programs in Canada, allowing an applicant family to move to PEI on a Work Permit, and run a local business for 1 year before being nominated and applying for permanent residence status. The benefits of this program include:
- Interviews and meetings are presently virtual, so no exploratory visit or TRV is required.
- Confederation conducts interview preparation, and arranges the applicant’s virtual meetings with an accountant, lawyer, and banker prior to the government interview.
- Interviews are often within 4-6 months (after full file submission), with a Letter of Support issued approx. 1 month later. The family then applies for Work and Study permits to come to PEI.
Once in PEI, the Entrepreneur Category – Work Permit Stream gives the family the option to transfer to the PEIPNP Labour Impact Category. For example, if the spouse uses his/her Open Work Permit to secure an in-demand job or other employment in PEI, the spouse could choose to apply through the PEIPNP Labour Impact Category. This Labour file could allow the family to be nominated faster, apply for PR faster, and potentially reduce PR wait time by a few years.
PEI is a very friendly, welcoming, and safe province, with many communities of immigrants. Other benefits of PEI include:
- Helpful government officials;
- Among the lowest cost of living and housing in Canada;
- Public schools offer international education standards such as International Baccalaureate;
- Low crime rate;
- Airport with easy international connections through Halifax (20 minute flight to Halifax);
- Pristine environment, clean air, and no traffic congestion.
Canada – PEI | VNIS Investment