- Australia will increase its immigration limit from 160,000 to 195,000 in the current financial year.
- O’Neil, the Minister for Home Affairs and Minister for Cyber Security, made the announcement at the two-day summit.
- The conference was attended by 140 representatives of governments, business, trade unions and industry.
- PM Anthony Albanese announced at the summit that 180,000 people would be retained for vocational schools.
- Australian permanent residency target increased from 160,000 to 195,000.
- Australian states have decided to open the Australian Skilled Migration Program for the financial year 2022-23 for domestic and international applications.
- Foreign nationals should complete their skills assessment and achieve the required English proficiency scores to qualify for sponsorship.
An announcement was made by the Australian government on Friday that the number of permanent migrants has been increased by 35,000. The immigration target has increased from 160,000 to 195,000 in the current financial year.
|State||Skilled Nomination (Subclass 190) Visa||Skilled Work Regional (Subclass 491) Visa|