Many businesses and services on P.E.I. will be closed on Thanksgiving Monday, Oct.10. Some restaurants and other venues may be open, but it’s a good idea to call ahead first.
Here is a list of what will be open and closed for some of the Island’s food businesses and public services.
- All federal, provincial and municipal government offices will be closed.
- All COVID-19 testing clinics and the vaccine booking line will be closed.
- Sobeys, Foodland and Co-op stores will be closed.
- Atlantic Superstores will be closed.
- Brighton Clover Farm in Charlottetown will be open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Murphy’s Pharmacy on Queen Street, North River Road and Stratford will be open noon to 5 p.m. Murphy’s in Kensington will be open 1-5 p.m.
- Global Grocery Store in Charlottetown will be open noon to 6 p.m.
- Panda Mart in Charlottetown will be open 10 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Topfresh Asian Grocery Store in Charlottetown will be open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- All P.E.I. Liquor Control Commission stores will be closed.
- All P.E.I. Cannabis stores will be closed.
- Royalty Crossing mall will be closed.
- Confederation Court Mall is closed, but the Shoppers Drug Mart in the mall will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- County Fair Mall in Summerside is closed, but the Lawton’s Drug Store in the mall will be open from noon to 5 p.m.
- Walmart will be closed.
- Island Waste Management will have regular curbside garbage collection.
- T3 Transit will not be providing service.
- P.E.I. Public Libraries will be closed.
- Canada Post will not have delivery service.
What is Thanksgiving?
Thanksgiving is an annual holiday celebrated mainly in the United States, Canada, some Caribbean islands, and Liberia. The initial meaning is to celebrate the harvest and give thanks to God for a full and peaceful life. It is also an official holiday for all workers in the US and Canada.