The Portugal Golden Visa Program
The Portugal Golden Visa Program has been successfully operating in Portugal since October 8, 2012 (with residence permits for foreign investors and their family members for different types of investments).
The following options are available for obtaining a residence permit through investments under the Portugal Golden Visa program:
- Purchase real estate from 500,000 EUR;
- Purchase real estate, built at least 30 years ago or located in an urban renewal area, with a minimum value of 350,000 EUR.
There is no restriction on the type of real estate (residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural), as well as the number of properties purchased.
- Create a minimum of 10 jobs;
- Investment of 1 million euros in shares or bonds of local companies, government securities (with the possibility of return on investment);
- Irrevocable investment in the amount of 350,000 EUR for scientific research;
- Non-refundable investments from 250,000 EUR for the production of art and national natural heritage;
- A non-refundable investment of 500,000 EUR in a small business aid fund;
- Invest money in the amount of 350,000 EUR (or more) for the acquisition of shares in investment funds, venture capital funds to increase the capitalization of the company, established under Portuguese law and period that is not less than 5 years; with 60% of the investment value is to be placed in commercial companies, on the territory of the country (added November 27, 2017);
- The fund invests in the amount of 350,000 EUR (or higher) in the establishment of a trading company based in Portugal, with the need to create 5 full-time jobs or has created one. commercial company, located on the territory of the country with the creation or guarantee of at least 5 regular workers at the sites for a period of at least 3 years (added 27 November 2017).
THE PORTUGAL GOLDEN VISA PROGRAM
To participate in this program, the main applicant must meet the following conditions:
- Over 18 years old;
- No criminal record;
- Not an EU citizen;
- Have health insurance.
The “Golden Visa” program can participate in all 3 generations:
- Main applicant;
- Legal spouse of the applicant;
- Children under 18 years old (if over 18 years old must be financially dependent on their parents, unmarried, still studying full time);
- Parents are dependent on the applicant or their spouse.
- Residency: minimum 7 days in the first year, 14 days for the next two years and 14 days for another two years (1 + 2 + 2). In total, for 5 years in Portugal, you need to live a minimum of 35 days.
- Real estate: after 5 years of stay in Portugal, it is possible to receive a permanent residence card (need to keep the property for 5 years – until receiving permanent residency status). Real estate can be rented for profit, which is a big advantage of the program.